Sunday, April 1, 2007

Installation Project Proposal


































For the installation project I would like to create a miniature zoo where the animals have escaped along the paths on campus. As a student attending college can be similar to the animals and how they feel being at the zoo, at least for me. College students are in a sense put on display because of the work and feedback they must exchange with their professors. I think that our visible appearance is also judged by professors and everyone else. College students also spend large amounts of time on campus because they feel that they have a responsibility to be there and that their parents and professors seem to want them to be there. At least some of the time that I have spent in college I have felt like a caged animal in the zoo, but the difference between myself and the animals in the zoo is that I will leave the college, but most of them will not leave the zoo so I am sort of playing around with the idea of the animals leaving their cages but then they are still on the college campus where the students must also be.

1 comment:

My World said...

I agree... students are in a zoo of sorts....
Good thinking.... :)

Great photos also...

Thanks,

My World..... :)